Tomorrow is "Back-To-School" time for teachers and students here in Newfoundland, Canada! Since I'm a teacher (I work with children with hearing loss) I'll be heading back to work . . . with a smile on my face and a song in my heart! No, really! :)
Anyway, I hang my hat at our School Board's Regional Office. We have a staff of around 30 and every September I make everyone a little "Welcome-Back-How-Was-Your-Summer-Did-You-Miss-Me?" treat! lol This year I chose to make an old-fashioned "slate" with an apple in one corner.
Check it out:
The treat part is that I will attach a mini peppermint patty to the back . . . so I guess you can tell this is a very small "slate", huh? lol The completed size is 2 1/4" x 1 3/4". (I buy the patties at Costco. They sell them in large containers.)
Here's how I made it;
(1) Gather together the following items: the Word Window punch, the 3/4" Circle punch, a White Gel Pen, Tombo Glue, an Early Espresso ink pad, a Sponge Dauber, Basic Black cardstock (cs), Crumb Cake cs, Real Red cs, and scraps of Old Olive and Chocolate Chip cs.
(2) Cut the Basic Black cs 2" x 1 1/2". Punch out four shapes using the Word Window punch and the Crumb Cake cs. Punch out a circle using the 3/4" Circle punch and the Real Red cs. Cut out a small leaf freehand (I don't have a punch that cuts out a small enough leaf) and a small brown stem. Sponge the edges of the Crumb Cake shapes using a Sponge Dauber and the Early Espresso ink pad.
(3) Glue the two side pieces on first. (Only put a small amount of glue close to one side of the shape. The back of the whole shape is not completely covered by the black rectangle since I didn't want the edges of the rectangle showing. See the picture below showing the back of the project.)
(4) Then, again using only a small amount of glue along one edge, adhere the top and bottom shapes.
(5) Write the letters on the "slate" using a White Gel Pen.
And here's a sample of the 30 I made for work! (I'm soooo glad I don't work at the head office! They have way too many people working there! lol)
Wishing you an "A"dorable "B"eautiful "C"aring day,