Monday, August 8, 2011

Patterned Party and being thankful!

Good Day Stampers!  It's Katherine here,  I see that Colleen has hi-jacked my blog (for which I am really thankful) recently and posted some lovely cards.  I also notice that she has taken the time to show you a new technique and offer you alternatives for the retired stamps she used on her cards. 

That's another great thing about Stampin' Up!  Even when they retire a stamp there is usually another one in the catalog that works just as well or even better. 

Ok time for some blah blah blah!   I have been sitting here working on the seating chart for Carrie's wedding and looking around my craft (crack) room and suddenly I was struck with an attack of tears.  I am so thankful to Stampin' Up! for changing my life.  Several years ago I was unhappy and bored and needed an outlet.  My sister Susan sent me a book on card making and I tried some of the ideas in there and was hooked.  But it wasn't until Carrie flew me to Calgary several years ago that I was introduced to SU!  And suddenly my life changed - for the better.  Now with all the ideas that have been flowing and the crafts that I have done to make her day a special one I am struck with gratitude to a company that has supported me and given me the tools and ideas to make each and every card, gift, etc that I do.  I also have made so many friends that now I am busy with classes and time spent with wonderful happy people.  I have started a business that fulfills me and makes me thankful for so many things.  Is it any wonder I am brought to tears.  Every day I thank you, my stampers and SU! for making me one happy lady. 

Now on to the good stuff!  I have a new card for you.  Recently I received 7 free stamp sets from SU! and today I am using one called "Patterned Party".  I love the elements in this card, but because it is so simple anyone can reproduce it. 

I used Whisper White for the card base, Tempting Turquoise for the accent color and Pear Pizzazz and Pumpkin Pie to jazz things up.  This set comes with images of Balloons and something that looks like an argyle sweater also a banner  stamp.  I inked up the balloons with the colors I mentioned, using markers.  Stamped on the Whisper white c/s and then re-inked with the markers (just a couple of balloons) and stamped on scrap paper.  I cut out three balloons and popped them up with dimensionals.  I also added a little Dazzling Diamonds to them.

 I used the Scallop border punch and created a cute accent on the bottom .  I cut a scrap of Pumpkin Pie c/s and placed it on the card.  I then inked up the argyle stamp with pumpkin pie ink and made a nice punch of color.  Using a stamp from another new set I just got called "Bring on the Cake" I stamped Happy B-day in Pear Pizzazz. 

Here's a close up of the cut out balloons.  While this card is simple to do it still carries a nice impact.  Don't let simple fool ya it sometimes works best. 

Well that's it for today everyone!  Don't forget keep your ink pads wet and your pants dry!  Until next time (ok another Mr. Roger's moment here) Patterned Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment