Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Very Last Wedding project I Promise!!!

Hello there Inky People!  Today marks a historical event in my recent life!  Well maybe historical is too large a word maybe hysterical is a better adjective lol.  I just put the last  Wedding project to bed.  Yes folks there are no more projects to be done.  I must say while I feel an overwhelming sense of relief at getting it done in time,  I am also feeling a bit of  sadness mixed in with lots of Pride.  I guess that's to be expected.  So other than lots of photos of the actual wedding from now on my posts will be saner and more organized. (we can but hope!)

With that said I have a new card for you today and a new technique.  It's called -

Layered Markers!. 

While this technique is not earth shattering it is quite lovely when it is done.  So here we go....
 Supplies needed - Whisper White c/s cut at 3" x 6" scored at 3", Pretty in Pink c/s cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" Melon Mambo c/s cut at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" and Whisper White c/s cut at, you guessed it 2 1/4 x 2 1/4",  Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand and Garden Green markers,  Black stazon Ink, Regal Rose, Sahara Sand ink, White gel pen and Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon and a corner rounder.  Dimensionals and tombow glue round out the lineup.
 Stamp an open line image with Black Stazon.  I used a new set call Simply Soft in the IBC in the hostess section.  Take the lightest marker in this case Pretty in pink and color the image.
 Using the next marker, Regal rose, just color a small amount on the bottom of the image.  Leave some Pretty in Pink showing.
 Using the darkest color Melon Mambo, color a little bit on the bottom.  Click on the picture to have a closer look.
 Color in the greenery with Pear Pizzazz.
 Darken with Garden Green Marker.
 Take the White Gel pen and add a small dot to the top of the flowers.
 Take the Sahara Sand marker and go around the image.  This gives a nice highlight or shadow and makes it appear water colored.

 Round off opposite sides of the c/s with the corner rounder.
 Using a sponge and Regal Rose ink, lightly sponge around the outside of the image leaving a white area around the actual flower.  Do the same thing with the Sahara Sand ink.
 Add ribbon and using dimensionals add to the front of your card.  This card is small but the impact is huge.  Try it for yourself and see.  All you need is an open line stamp and some markers.  To order these items just click on my "Shop 24/7" banner on the left hand side of the blog. 

Now on to some personal stuff.  While out camping last week I parked under a Juniper tree.   I knew the tree was losing some needles but I had no idea that this was going to happen.  Have a look at my poor baby ( no not my hubby) my car.  I had to sweep the needles off before I could drive it anywhere.  The ground around the car was green and that is not grass folks it's the Juniper needles.  In all the years we have been camping this is the first time this has ever happened.
 Also last week I was provided with some really great photo ops!  These woodpeckers planted themselves on a tree just outside our camper and stayed there basically the whole week.  I looked them up in on the net and the name for these particular birds is Three Toed Woodpeckers.  I had never seen them before and was taken with the yellow strip on their heads.  This is a picture of the mama.  I didn't have to even use a zoom lens cause they were so close I could almost touch them.
 This picture is one of the mama feeding the baby.  The baby is actually a little larger than the mama.  Cool huh?
So thanks everyone for checking in today and for their patience with my sporadic posts.  I know once September comes I will be back posting more frequently.  So hugs and pecks!

No comments:

Post a Comment