Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wedding Card!

Hello everyone,

I know it's been a while since the last posting, but that's been because I've had family visiting plus I've been away to my niece's wedding!  We had great fun with relatives from "away" . . . and, of course, at the wedding itself!  (I'll let Kathy tell you all about how fantabulous it was!  hehehehe)

Anyway, now I can show you the card I made for my niece's and new nephew's wedding:


I'd love to say that this card was totally designed by me . . . but I can't!  :(  The template came from http://stampndesigntemplates.blogspot.com/2010/08/does-it-work.html .  A lady named Lynn Pratt came up with this truly lovely design.  As soon as I saw it (months and months ago) I knew I wanted to use it!  (I'm not sure if the groom's "tuxedo" shows up well in the picture since it's black on black, but if you click on the picture it will make it larger and that may help.)

I personalized it by using my niece's wedding colors (black and white, with a touch of red).  I also made the "designer paper" for the bride's dress by using Glossy White cardstock and stamping the flourish stamp from the Elements of Style stamp set on it with Frost White Shimmer Paint.  I shook up the bottle well, and then used a Sponge Dauber to apply the paint onto the stamp directly from the inside of the cover.  Sponge daubers fit really well into the top of the paint bottle!


The only other change I made was to cut a small "v" into the top of the groom's shirt and add some Pearls to the bridal dress neckline.  I used the Square Lattice Textured Embossing folder on the Basic Black layer to help distinguish the tuxedo from the background.  I also popped up the front panels of the dress with Dimensionals.  The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.

The card echoed the design on the candles that were made as take-home gifts for the guests!  (I'm pretty sure Kathy showed how she made these candles in a previous posting . . . and showed a better picture of them . . . but, hey, I just got home and I'm tired!  lol)



Here's a peek at the inside of the card:


Since they live in another province, my husband and I decided a cheque would be most appropriate for the gift.  Let's face it, it's easy to pack and they shouldn't want to return it!  lol  Anyway, the "pocket" on the left side is for the cheque.  It's open at the top and I used the 1" Circle punch to give them a spot to get their fingers around the folded-up cheque.

I also embossed the swirly image from the Elements of Style stamp set in Black Emboss powder.  (That's the same image I used on the wedding dress on the front of the card.)  I put two plain strips of Basic Black cardstock down the sides of the Real Red cardstock, just 'cause I wanted to.  lol  I finished it off by using the Scallop Edge Border punch along the bottom of the pocket.

Well, that's it, folks!  Now that the wedding is over, you'll see way more of Kathy's fantastic designs and much less of mine!  lol

Black and white, with a touch of red, hugs!
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous work of art! It wouldn't matter if there were a gift inside or not---it's beautiful enough on its own! :-)

    ReplyDelete