Saturday, September 24, 2011

Beary Birthday!

Hi there everyone,

A few days ago I needed to make a birthday card for my little neighbor.  The problem was that I didn't have any "little boy" stamps . . . no bikes, robots, dinosaurs . . . you can see where I'm going with this, right?

So, I decided to surf the internet and see what I could come up with and voila!!!


I made a little bear, using punches, after I saw it here: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=stampin'+up+punch+art&view=detail&id=9D7B52C78AACA04346D838E3536B7B7A09E3D6C1&first=61&FORM=IDFRIR  (Well, that's a long web address, isn't it?)  The lady's blog address is http://www.inkrediblestamping.com/.  However, I just looked at the picture and replicated it as best I could.

I used the 1 3/8" Circle punch for the body, the 1 1/4" Circle punch for the head and belly, the larger circles from the Owl Builder punch for the ears and paws, and the smaller circles from the Owl Builder punch for the eyes and nose.  I used a thin marker to make his mouth and the lines on his paws.  I used Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake cardstock (cs).

Then I used a piece of Old Olive cardstock for the grass, Real Red cs and an oval punch for one of the balloons, and the 3/4" Circle punch for the other two balloons.  Those balloons are made from Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight cs.  (I had a scrap Of Marina Mist cs that I had previously run through the Crimper.)

I included a stack of presents (stamped using the Happy Moments stamp set), which I cut out and colored with markers.

I ran a piece of Whisper White cs (cut at 4" x 5 1/4") through the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then glued everything to it.  The card base is Night of Navy cs cut at 5 1/4" x 8 1/2", and scored at 4 1/4".

I used twine for the "string" attached to the balloons.  I also used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and the Word Window and Modern Label punches for the sentiment.

So, you ask, was the little boy excited about the card I had so lovingly made?  Heck, no!  He was only interested in the present!  But I impressed the heck out of his mother!  hahahahaha

Beary (note, it's not "beery") hugs,
Colleen, aka Kathy's sister

No comments:

Post a Comment