Thursday, September 22, 2011

Craft Fair - Open House preparations!

Good day Inky People!   I have been super busy getting ready for a Craft Fair at the Pepsi Center on Sept. 24th from 10:00am to 3:00pm.  And also getting ready for an Open House on Sept. 25th and 26th.  Sunday's Open House will run from 1:00pm to 5:00pm and Monday's from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.  I have heard from lots of ladies who say they will attend so it should be a fun event.  I have displays and new product from the Holiday Mini and a couple of fun Make and Takes.  I will post them on Tuesday but for now no Peeking ok?

Because I want to be able to hand out Business cards I have been the last couple of days printing and decorating my cards.  It makes sense not to purchase them from an outside company when I have soooo many cool tools at hand don't you think?

I love the new clear mount stamps and the acrylic blocks but one feature I particularly love is the "Collage" effect you can achieve with only stamp set.  I used French Foliage and Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, More Mustard and Cajun Craze for my ink.  I use Confetti White card stock as I find it is a thicker card stock than Whisper White. 

Have a look at what I mean when I say "Collage Stamping"

 I found this cute little trunk at Winners in Ottawa and thought it would make a great display piece for my Business Cards. 
 This is a close up of my cards - Do you see what I mean by Collage Stamping? 
 This is the French Foliage Stamp set and in the background is the block with the three stamps on it. 
 I also used Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie - these colors scream Fall!
This is the make and take I have for the craft fair.  Simple one layer with just dimensionals to pop up the greeting, I also used the Color Spritzer for the splotchy effect.   I will be doing make and takes from 12:00pm to 2:00pm only as the rest of the day I will be alone and it is too hard to chat and try and teach at the same time lol.

Well that's it for today everyone!  Gently Falling hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment