Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Cuties!

Hi, all you inky people!

No, I'm not Kathy.  I'm her sister, Colleen, and I decided to either trick . . . or treat . . . Kathy by doing a surprise blog entry!  lol

I've been busy planning Halloween punch art for my coworkers.  Now, I'd like to brag that these are original, but then I'd be lying.  And my sister says I shouldn't lie . . . and my sister also says she's always right!  lol  I got the ideas from the web some time ago and don't remember who to give the credit to.  Oops!

Anyway, I will be popping a multitude of these little cuties into my coworkers mailboxes soon, along with a little treat!  (And by "treat" I mean something chocolate!  Yum!)


The little green monster and the ghost are done with the Owl Builder punch.

The monster is simply the owl body punched out twice in Old Olive cardstock (cs): once for the body of the monster and once to get the arms (which are the feet of the owl).  And because I'm a little obsessive, I punched the body out a third time and glued it to the back so that you can't see where I glued on the arms.

The Whisper White ghost is the owl body turned upside down and with the feet removed.  (That one is really, really super fast and easy!  I wonder why I made so many of those?  lol)

The spider uses the scallop circle punch for the body and the Photo Corners Extra Large punch for the legs.  So that I didn't waste cs, I alternated the colors for the legs: one spider uses small Pumpkin Pie cs backed with Basic Black and the next one would have Basic Black cs backed with the Pumpkin Pie pieces.  (I hope that wasn't too confusing.)  I then punched out a second scallop circle and used it to cover the back of the spider, after I'd glued on the legs.  (There's that obsessive thing again!)

Well, that's it for now, everyone!

Happy . . . and scary . . . hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment