Thursday, October 6, 2011

Open Sea

Good day Inky People!  Well Monday was a great day and of course so was Tuesday.  So far a good week all around.  I had a really good friend ask if she could come and play with her new stamp set Open Sea.  Of course I said yes and we were joined by another good friend.  So we spent the day casing and stamping.  Got a few cards done by casing some other ladies but at the end of the day we decided to do one of our own. 

It's funny how you can start out with the same stamp set, card stock and colors and come up with three entirely different cards.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a pic of the other two as they were here all day and I had to get rid of them before hubby arrived looking for supper lol. 

  I started out running it through the Stripes embossing folder with some background stamping but when I did it I didn't like it at all.  So back to the drawing board.  I took the same card and ran it through the Square Lattice (which got rid of the stripes, which surprised the heck out of me)  So then I stamped with Early Espresso but still wasn't happy.  It was a mess, anyway by the time I "Fixed" it I actually loved it more than anything we did all day.  Go figure.  Have a look -

I used Crumb Cake for the base and Early Espresso ink, I then cut a strip of Pacific point and stamped with Pacific Point ink with the anchor.  I embossed the anchor with the new Pewter embossing powder.  And of course had to use the baker's twine lol.

Yes I did - I cut out the sails and popped them up on dimensionals.  How's that for dedication idiocy is more like it.  I'm a nut case.  I don't mind cutting things out but those sails were really tiny hahaha.  More patience than brains right?

So that's my share for today High Seas hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment