Friday, December 2, 2011

Not a Christmas Card

Good Day Everyone!

Today's share is not a Christmas Card!  Yah I know I have been kinda on a Christmas kick since, oooh August, but I thought I would take a short break from all the Christmas related classes and what not that I have been doing since Oct. and share a non Christmas card.

I think I mentioned awhile back that my DH and I went to a friends house for supper and played cards.  While we were playing there was a picture on the wall of trees in a sunset background.  I stared at this picture for most of the evening and the little brain cells were getting quite excited.  I could see a card in my future!  So I came home and the next day I made this card.  Now I wasn't going to share it until I perfected it but hey I am without a share for you today so here goes......

Yes it is the ever present and often used Lovely as a Tree stamp set.  This was just a first draft of the card and I think when I make it again I will definitely widen the strip that I sponged.  The technique is on the right hand side bar under techniques.  I did it with several stamp sets and it never fails to wow.  When I do this again I will post and we can compare. lol.  I used Daffodile Delight, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze ink using sponges.  I like it but I can see it done better.  It's not often I let you see the cards that I consider not good enough hahaha!  I kinda like the pedestal I am on!

Guess by now you are looking at the end of the posts to see the silly jokes I have been posting!  Well you won't be disappointed with this one! 

Oh and one more thing, which I think is soooo funny!  Yesterday my DH went on Facebook and mentioned our anniversary.  His comment was "Celebrating our 39th Wedding anniversary, and if she plays her cards right she can have me for another 39!"  Now I don't know if you catch the irony in this statement but it cracked me up!  As you all know I am really good at cards so we should have a trouble free marriage from here on! 

Chat with you later!  Shaking with Laughter hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment