Monday, January 30, 2012

A Milestone to Celebrate and Card - i -o

Good Day Inky People!

Today marks a milestone in my career as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  If you check the blog heading you will get a clue.  Can't figure it out?  Well I have just been promoted from Senior Consultant to Counselor.  Yep that's right a promotion.  I am so pleased and proud, and of course grateful for all my lovely stampers who support me!

 I guess with this promotion I will have to up my prices on the classes and what not - nah not planning on doing that, just joshing with you!  Of course you do realize that I will be working on the next promotion right?  hahaha I don't let up for a minute.

I had a class yesterday and because there were so many Big Shot elements to the projects,  ie: Framelits dies and embossing folders etc, the ladies were up and down so much I told them they were getting their exercise for sure.  I said this was my version of CARD - I - O!  I am scheduled for Stephenville to do the same class this Saturday and ladies get ready for a surprise and card - i -o.

Ok that's enough about me and my up coming classes  (for now)  On to the pretty cards right?   I made a Birthday card for a friend using the new SAB set called Outlined Occasions that you could receive for FREE with a $60.00 order.   I cased this card from Linda Callahan.  She had such a lovely job done I felt no need to change anything.  lol.

Have a look -

Isn't it pretty and sparkly?  I used the Glimmer paper and the Label Framelits for the Big shot.  I colored in the Celebrate with Marina Mist and Pacific Point markers (which was a little different from Linda's) and added a little white accent on the letters using the white gel pen.  I used Victorian crochet ribbon and Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon and a large Crumb Cake button and some linen thread.  Added some splotches with the Color Spritzer tool.  Love it!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!  If you want Saturday's project to remain a surprise DON"T LOOK!

This was the surprise project we did at my class yesterday.  I didn't tell the ladies I had a surprise for them but  pulled out this beauty and wow they were pleased for sure.  So for those of you signed up for the Stephenville class, you will be doing this also.  Can't wait!  Oh, I almost forgot to tell you where I got this idea from.  Shelli Gardner (our Beloved founder - may she live forever) demonstrated this same project at Leadership last week and I figured you might like to do one of Shelli's (may she live forever) original designs. 

I guess I also should thank Colleen (aka - blog hogger)  for her timely post.  And yes it is about time she got the Lovely as a tree set.  Goodness knows I have been at her for four LONG years about it.  But better late than never.  Nice job sis!  Loved the post and the card! I am definitely a Tree Hugger!

Breathless (because of the exercise) hugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment