Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tree Lover!

Hi there all you card making, fun loving people!

It's the Blog Hogger, aka Kathy's sister, here to bring you a little photo tutorial.  I recently bought the Lovely as a Tree stamp set from Stampin' Up.  Yah, yah, I know what you're all thinking: "I can't believe it's taken her this long to buy the most versatile, beloved stamp set in the whole catalogue!"  I can't believe it either.  (You can't see this but I'm hanging my head in shame.  Of course, you also can't see that I'm in my jammies, so I count this as a very good thing.  lol)

Anyway, I've had some fun lately playing with my new stamp set and here's my latest creation:


Here's the lowdown on how to recreate this card:

(1) Cut your Always Artichoke cardstock (cs) at 5 1/2" and score at 4 1/4".  Cut a piece of Whisper White cs at 5 1/4" x 4" and run it through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (p. 215 in the Idea Book & Catalogue [IBC]) using the Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (p. 219 in the IBC).  (Am I the only one who questions why the products have to have such
l-o-n-g names?)


(2) Next cut a piece of Whisper White cs 3" x 3 1/4" and stamp the multiple tree image onto the cs.  (Make sure you have the 3" side along the top 'cause you are going to cut the piece into three 1" strips after you've stamped the image.)


(3)  You cut the image into three 1" strips and then back each strip with a slightly bigger piece of Always Artichoke cs. (I cut a piece of Always Artichoke cs 3 3/4" x 4 1/2" and cut it into three  3 3/4" x 1 1/2"strips.)


(4) I stamped the tall evergreen tree on a piece of scrap Whisper White cs, using Versamark and Always Artichoke inks, and embossed it with Clear Emboss Powder.  (All embossing items on p. 201.)  Then I cut around the tree.


(5) I cut a piece of Always Artichoke cs 1 1/4" by 4" and ran the 4" side through the Scallop Trim Border punch (p. 211).  Then I wrapped a piece of Victoria Crochet Trim (p. 194) around the strip of Always Artichoke cs, only using Snail Adhesive on the ends.  Then I cut a shorter piece of the trim and used it to tie a knot on the left side.  (Refer to the picture of the finished card for placement.)


(6) I assembled the card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (aka Tombo) and popped up the evergreen tree on Dimensionals.  (Adhesives on p. 206).  And then, since I find it extremely hard not to "Gliz Up" my cards, I added Dazzling Details to the trees in the background and Dazzling Diamonds to the evergreen tree. (The Dazzling Diamonds are on p. 201 and for the life of me I can't find where the Dazzling Details are!)  

Here's the pic of the completed card again:


So that's it for now, everyone.  
Have a Stampin' good day . . . and go hug a tree,  
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment