Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Very Frosty Day!

Brrrr!  Good day Stampers!

I am freezing my tush off here in Newfoundland.  I am not a fan of winter and generally spend this time of year holed up in my home.  Fortunately for me I have Stampin' Up!  I am not sure how I managed winter before SU (cause as you get older the mind tends to also hibernate).  I am surrounded by Bright colors - and hearts - and lots of Flowers oh and my music!

I love music and have it playing 24/7 when I am working.  I never turn on a TV (well except to watch Survivor - I know, What's up with that?)  Last night I was in my craft room working on an up coming Valentines day Class and listening to a radio station from Athens Greece.  Music is universal for sure and even though the announcers speak Greek the music is English and I like the mix in the evenings as it is up beat  and  I get to listen to what I like to call World Music.  So Opa!!! (sounds of smashed plates in the background and dancing in my head going on!)

So as I said last night I was working on my Valentine's Day class and making pretty cards.  Yay now I have a couple of things to show you.

Project one!

Found this card on the net done by Leigha Rock.  I liked how she used a couple of non traditional stamp sets to make a Valentine's day card.  The Post card stamp (wavy lines) is from Christmas Post Card and the Paris, Coffee blotches and wording is from French Foliage.  I punched out the hearts with the Trio Heart punch (the largest heart) and did as she did and placed the colors from lightest to darkest.  So - Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Poppy Parade, Real Red and Cherry Cobbler.  I did change the greeting and the way it was presented.  I also added a bit of bling to the middle heart and the greeting is from Filled with Love.  So lots of different things going on here for sure.   What I like about this card is if you were giving it to a man you could dispense with the glitter stone. With the greeting it could be for any time of the year. 

Project two!

This is a small note card/Valentine Card way to present a Hersey Kiss.  This one would work for co-workers or kids.  I used the Pinking Hearts border punch and the Brights Designer Package.  I used Filled with Love for the Stamp set and cut out the O with a 1" circle punch.  The Hersey Kiss is glued on with Sticky Strip.  Cute huh?

This is the inside of the 3" x 3" note card.    Oh and ladies I will be bringing the Chocolate! 

Project three!

Of course no class would be complete without this easel card that I showed you in one of my other posts.  I only have one or two more projects to work on today and I am heading to Stephenville tomorrow for a class out that way.  Hopefully the weather will co-operate! 

The ladies are coming tonight to work on a couple of cards using the Flower Fancy stamp set.  I should have some new ones to show you tomorrow. 

Heartfelt Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment