Monday, February 6, 2012

MIA

Good Day Stampers!


Well I guess you have been wondering where in the heck I have been.  Well I had company over Thursday past and then I was on a road trip to Stephenville and when I got back there was only enough time to get ready for another class on Sunday evening.  Today is unpack and try to get ready for another class tomorrow night.  Yep a lot of packing and repacking!  I apologize for my absence.  But I do have a couple of cute cards to show you that I got done on Thursday evening with my stamping group.

As I have already mentioned we were working with Flower Fancy from the IBC 2011 -2012.

Here you go......


Unfortunately I again needed a sympathy card and this is what we came up with.  I used Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum.  I used Very Vanilla as my main color.  I stamped around the card with Wisteria Wonder for a tone on tone look.

Here is Sharon's contribution to the mix.  She used Old Olive for her Backing color.  And she liked the Daffodile Delight flower for the middle.  Funny how our tastes vary!

Then we used some Bashful Blue card stock and tried the Polished Stone technique for the focal image  (Look on the right hand side for Techniques)  I colored in the flower with markers to give it a little more depth and added a retired ribbon in Pacific Point at the top and a couple of circles using the 1 1/4' and 1 3/8" circle punches.  I again used Bashful blue Classic ink to stamp a background on one side of the card.

This was Sharon's version of the same card.  She used a lighter touch with the Polished stone and also a lighter ribbon.  (also retired)  We are trying to use up some left over supplies so when we get together we raid my jars for small pieces of ribbon and what not that I can't bear to throw away lol.

Well that's it for today everyone.  I will hopefully be back tomorrow with something else for you to have a gawk at.  (Newfie speak for look)

Fancy hugs for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment