Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Play date and Friends 24/7!

Good Day Stampers!

I had planned on posting yesterday but the day got away from me.  I had to have some blood work done and spent 3 hours waiting in line.  All this to get a needle stuck in your arm!  It doesn't seem fair.  Things that hurt should be over quicker right?

Anyway by the time I got dinner and did a few errands I had missed the deadline for the post so I am trying again today.  Now I was on track today but MIL turned up and several hours later - well you get the idea.  Again things that hurt (oops did I say that out loud?)  No really she's great and I love her but I was chaffing at the bit to get this post done and oh maybe some housework and supper lol.

Last night was an evening of playing with my "New" stamping group!  My two friends Debbie and Sharon started a group awhile back and decided to meet at my place every two weeks to make cards and have fun.  They did think to ask me to join lol.  Anyhoo!  We got together last night for three hours and Sharon brought her "Friends 24/7" stamp set and we got to play!  Here is what we made:

This one we used Confetti White, Bravo Burgundy and Daffodile Delight c/s.  Ran the Bravo Burgundy through the "Elegant Lines" Embossing folder and used Black Stazon for the image.  Then used the Layered Marker technique (look under techniques on the right sidebar)  for the flowers and stems.  Ran a piece of Daffodile Delight Taffeta Ribbon down the side using sticky strip and a lovely card  don't you think? 

This one we used Soft Suede, Pacific Point and Very Vanilla card stock.  I used the Music Notes wheel with  Sahara sand ink for the background.  I sprayed the back of the c/s with water and crumpled it and then opened it up and sponged on Soft Suede to give it a Vintage flavor.  The bird image was stamped out twice, once in Pacific point and then again in Soft Suede.  I cut out the Bird in Pacific Point and layered it on the other image using dimensionals.  The greeting is stamped in Pacific Point and punched out with the Decorative Label punch.  But it was too big so I made is smaller by punching again and cutting off the ends.  Click on the pic for a closer view.  I will try tomorrow to get a photo tutorial of how I did that for those of you who are visual learners.   I love this one for the Vintage feel of it.  Actually I love both of them. 

I would like to thank my two friends for last night and I am looking forward to many more fun evenings.  Oh and don't worry next time I will be prepared.  (for anything).

For those of you in the area I am hosting a class on Jan 29th., 1:00pm - 3:00pm. here at my home.  We will be using the new and fabulous products in the new Mini.  Don't forget to RSVP to reserve your spot.  The cost for this class is $12.00 and we will be making three cards.

That's it for today stampers.!  Friendly hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment