Thursday, January 5, 2012

Storage for the new Big Shot Dies!

Good day Stampers!

How is your day going?  Mine is filled with taking down Christmas.  Now I am a bit of a traditionalist and usually wait for Jan 6th - Old Christmas Day to take down my decorations but decided today to make a small start.  I won't take down the tree until the weekend but some of the other decorations can be put away and it will make the weekend a little easier right?

Anyway I think I promised you yesterday that I would show you how to store those new Framelit dies in the Mini that just came out yesterday.  I can't take credit for the idea as I saw this on Stampin' Connection and thought WOW that lady is brilliant!  I will give credit as soon as I track down the name (which of course I forgot to take note of sigh!)

So here we go - Exciting way to store the new Framelit dies!

Of course Stampin' Up! packages these dies in a cute little pouch!  This is how they came in.

As you can see they are quite thin but though thin, they are very sturdy!

I had a DVD case and I purchased some Magnet sheets Page 216 and #119816 - $12.95 for three sheets size 6" x 13".  These sheets can be cut with either scissors or a cutter (guillotine) I cut two pieces to fit inside the DVD case.

The sheets have an adhesive on the back of them and you just peel off the paper and stick to whatever you want.  In this instance, the inside of the DVD case.

Here I have placed the new label dies and the new heart dies onto the magnet sheets and they stick really well.  No shifting and maybe damaging the dies.  Genius idea!

Well we can't have just  a plain case can we?  I used the new DSP Attic Boutique on page 23 of the new Mini.  Love this paper! 

The new stamp set Apothecary Art has a stamp that has lines on it, yippee that works for me!  I stamped it in Chocolate chip and used Regal Rose and Old Olive markers for the flower and greenery at the top of the stamp. Cut it out with the new Label die and  Gojus!

Added some Daffodile Delight ribbon to the Pool Party card stock that I cut out with the next size up die.  OMG These dies are  the bomb!

I added several dimensionals to the back of the label so it would stick well.  I figure these dies will get a good work out!   LOL

Wrote on the label exactly what was in the case and Voila a beautiful way to store the new dies.  (Actually looking at the background paper I probably could have just written on the DSP :O)  But if you know me at all I don't do simple well.  hahaha!

So everyone that's it for today!  Back soon with some more creations and a highlight of the cards sent to me over Christmas.  Last Christmas cards to show you until next Christmas I promise.  But these lovely ladies went to a lot of trouble to send me their best and I want to acknowledge their efforts so stay with me OK?

Now I just have to order some more DVD cases so I can make some more storage for dimensionals and what not.    Magnetic hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment