Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Elementary Elegance

Good Day Crafty People,


Did you miss me?  I have been busy getting 40 wedding candles done for a bride getting married in early April.  She wanted much the same thing as I did for my daughter's wedding.  I am getting so good at these it's crazy.  But that is the reason I have not blogged lately.  But I see the Blog Hogger has been here!

Nice ribbon flowers Colleen.  I can't wait to see them in person!  For those of you who don't know the geography of Newfoundland - my sister lives approximately 1 hour away from me.  But distance is not something that separates us, oh no, we phone regularly and we even skype, especially if we have something that we want to show each other.  On Sunday, Colleen phones me and says are you near a computer?  (this is sister speak for -  get your butt to a computer now!!!) So we Skype and she shows me the hair pretties.  Too funny!

On Thursday I got a new order and in that order was a stamp set from the Sale a Bration catalog that is running until the end of March.  The set is called Elementary Elegance.  And it is very elegant.  I love it and just had to create a card to show you.  I was inspired by Colleen's flower's made with ribbon and decided to put flowers on my card also.  But I used card stock.  Tomorrow I will post a photo tutorial to show you what I did to create these beautiful roses.

But for now have a look at the card -


Ain't it loverly!  I used Crumb Cake card stock for my base and then I used the Color Spritzer and an Early Espresso marker and made some spots on the card.  Then I stamped on the Card with the focal image.  Then I stepped up a very low key card with these flowers.  I also stamped the bird image just above the crown. I used the Happy Birthday stamp and just stamped the Happy on a strip of Very Vanilla and made a banner out of it. 

This is a close up look at the rolled flower done in Real Red and Pretty in Pink Card stock.   I sprayed them with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  Then I placed a pearl in the center.  I used the large bird punch for the leaves.  This is a very versatile punch for leaves.  Sometimes I use the wing and make leaves but I needed smaller leaves so I used the branch.  I like the punch of color and I really had fun with the flowers.  I will post a tutorial tomorrow on how to make these flowers.  So drop back tomorrow,  please and thank you!

On a roll hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment