Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Painting with Embossing Powder

Good Day Inky People!

How are you doing?  I am busy today cleaning house as I have been on the run since Friday past and things are getting away from me.  Hubby is patient but hey the dust is not!

My techniques class last night went well and it seemed like the ladies enjoyed themselves.  My thanks to Deborah for being such a gracious hostess.  The lunch provided was wonderful and the cake she baked - well I almost packed it up in my bag to take home with me.  Yummy!  She said it was called "The Great Canadian Ketchup Cake"  So when I get that recipe from her I will let you know. 

Yesterday I showed you Crayon Resist and today I have a card that showcases Painting with Embossing Powders.  I will be doing this class at the end of the month on Feb. 26th here at my home. 

I used the Elements of Style stamp set for my swirl and the embossing powders used were - Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Pewter.  Of course I ran the Calypso Coral card stock through the Big shot first with the Vintage wall paper embossing folder.  This added a lovely element to the card.  I stamped the greeting in Early Espresso and punched it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I used the Big shot to punch out two butterflies in Melon Mambo and Calypso Coral and the Extra Large Bird Punch for the "greenery".

I found a way to use several types of embossing powder and not lose too much of your product.  If you would like to know how just come to the class and find out!

Well that's it for today everyone!  I am leaving you with a little funny!  I kinda miss the Christmas ones :O(  I found this on the Internet and thought it was funny hope you enjoy it!



Embossed hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment