Friday, March 23, 2012

A Masculine Card with Sail Away!

Good Day my friends!

Yippee it's Friday!  Looking forward to the weekend because I have a class here on Sunday.  Yah I know that's not generally why you get excited about Fridays but I'm a little quirky.  Ask anyone!

But before I show you a card I have some SU business I need to tell you about.  First up:

Stampin Ups New Catalog Delivery Schedule



Annual Catalog: Or affectionately know as IBC (Idea Book and Catalog)

Stampin UP has decided to move the date ahead a month for the New Catalog, it will go live on JUNE 1ST, 2012 (it used to be July 1st).  (I like this date better because you can pour over your new catty while on your Summer Holidays!)

As Demonstrators we get to pre-order on May 1st Yay!

This catalog will be slightly smaller than in the past and will be printed on lighter-weight paper to reduce the cost.

Seasonal Catalogs (known as the Mini Catalogs).

- there will now be 2 annual mini catalogs instead of 4, the Holiday Catalog and the Spring Catalog,

The Holiday Catalog will run from August 1, 2012 (pre-order for demonstrators in July), through the beginning of January, 2013.

The Spring Catalog will run from the beginning of January 2013 (pre-order for demonstrators in December), through May 31, 2013.

The new Seasonal catalogs will be larger in both size (8-1/2" x 11") and page count (about 40 pages), than the current mini catalogs.  (They will also be packed with new goodies for us crafty people!)

Stampin UP has also decided to discontinue the Decor Elements and their jewellry line, so watch the CLEARANCE RACK for those – Speaking of the Clearance RACK  (click on the link) – Have you been there lately?

Personally, as a Demonstrator I applaud Stampin Up for this move as it reduces the expense of running my business and gives me the opportunity to share more catalogs with more people to help me grow. As customers, you can expect the same content and great project ideas and like our clear mount stamps, our catalogs will take up just a little less space in your craft room!   Because when it's all said and done Stampin' Up! still rules!  :0)

Ok Whew, that's done, now for your Man card -


I used Soft Suede for the base and Pacific Point for the Strip of color.  I used a retired stamp "Well Worn" for the background and "Sail Away" stamped in Early Espresso.  Stamped again on a scrap of Pacific Point and cut out the sail.  Added a Happy Father's day and we are done!  This will be one of the cards I will be doing with the Rangers in Stephenville and also one of my Stamp a Stack cards for this month.  Simple but elegant.  I like it!  (Even if I have to say so myself, and apparently I do cause there is no one else here!). 

So have a great weekend y'all!  Sailing away with hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment