Monday, April 30, 2012

Party this way!

Good Day Everyone!

The weather report from Corner Brook is not good today.  It is cold and we had snow and wind off and on.  Yucky weather for sure.  I am sitting in my craft room with the Eden Pure heater on.  I am thinking of moving in here for the duration.

This weekend was hectic.  We brought our trailer home from storage.  Now I just have to fill the sucker up in time for camping.  (at Big Falls in case some of you missed the previous rant).   I also had a class on Sunday.  Too bad you missed it, cause the ones that were here had a blast.  Oh and BTW my cupcakes were a huge hit.  I was going to take a picture and then I forgot.  Oh well, next time, for now you will just have to trust me.

I have a card for you today using one of the soon to be retired stamp sets, Party This Way!  I love the balloons in this set and have used them for lots of cards. 
Have a look -


I used textured Whisper White card stock for the card - cut at 5 1/2" x 11" Scored at 4 1/4". 

 I cut a piece of Perfect Plum c/s at 5" x 3 3/4" and a piece of Whisper White c/s cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  
 I stamped the first balloon with Daffodil Delight ink and the other balloons were stamped on a scrap of Whisper White with Calypso Coral, Tempting Turquoise and Perfect Plum classic ink.  I then cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals.


Here you can see how they were placed.  I used the co-responding markers to draw the strings.  I then stamped the greeting with Basic Black.  I popped the whole focal image up with dimensionals and placed it on my card.  A very simple but colourful card and only about 10 minutes to make. 

This stamp set may be found on page 67 and is only available for purchase until the end of May. 

Not much funny stuff in this blog post, I leave most of the humour for Colleen.  Oh and great job on the candles Wilhelmena! I was talking to her and  she got a real charge out of Colleen's post (as did the rest of you, I am sure) 

But I do have a cartoon for you, to make you smile.  Have a great day and I'll chat with  you soon.


Up in the air hugs!



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this card! It's so simple but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete