Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let's Play a Game!

Good Day Crafty ones!

Today I thought we might play a little game.  It occurred to me that I have quite a few stamp sets that I want to play with before they retire at the end of this month. 

Oh before I forget Happy 1st of May day! 

Whew now that that is out of the way here is what I decided to do.  This new idea is earth shattering in the carding world let me tell you.  When this gets out crafters all around the world will be flocking to my website.  (Oh wait, they already are hahaha)

Today I combined several retired products to make one card.  Yes folks I know, you are asking yourself "How did she come up with this idea?"  Well I don't sleep much and when I do, I dream, and last night it came to me in a dream.  Yep even when I am sleeping I am still working. 

So here's today's card  for your edification.  Guess what products I used that will be retiring. - - -


Did you guess right?  Flight of the Butterfly and Upsy Daisy?  Yes that makes two points for you.  If you guessed incorrectly you have to come here and do my laundry for a week.  Notice the glitter?  love it. 

Now I want to point out a couple of things here.  #1 -  the reason the small butterfly is popped up is because I made a boo boo and the image was not very clear. 

Mistake #2  -  the large Island Indigo butterfly on the other side.  This was supposed to be stamped in Pool Party and overlaid with another image.  But oops on me I inked it up in Island Indigo and there you go.  Done.  So this butterfly is also popped up dimensionals.

  I used the Upsy Daisy stamped in Certainly Celery and then used an Old Olive marker and "Thumped" on the stamp and then I stamped it on the Whisper White card stock. 



This is the inside of the card. 
So did you guess the Eyelet border punch?  Oh and the Oval All stamp set?  Got it right?  Another two points for you and the losers have to wash my dishes for a week (they are going to be here doing laundry so I thought why not)




Hahaha bet none of you thought this was an Easel Card did ya?  Fooled you!  Yes I thought I would turn this card into an easel card.  I quite like it. 

So that's it for today.  Hope you enjoyed this post and the card.  Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know your score so I will know who to expect at the house next week to do my chores. 

Flighty hugs! 






No comments:

Post a Comment