Monday, April 9, 2012

What a great day!

Good Day Crafty ones!

Well yesterday's Easter family dinner went well.  The food was fab, the desert amazing and the entertainment provided by my sister, priceless!  Unfortunately DH missed the meal because he was out saving the world.  Well not the whole world but our little corner of it.  Hopefully he got the power back on in time, so others could cook their dinner lol.  We did save some for him though so no worries!

I broke out the Wii game and since this is the first time Colleen had a chance to play, it was beyond priceless.  She is such a nut on a regular basis, add a sugar high (three cupcakes) and some not so friendly competition and well you can guess what happened next!  My MIL did the dishes (thanks Shirley!) and we played the whole afternoon away while the men watched us make fools of ourselves.  Yeah Statler and Waldorf (Husbands) were just great with the advice (mostly for Colleen as they were rooting for her most of the day) and ribbing. 

Also apparently there was an Easter Card CONTEST that I was unaware of!  Now how could that happen you ask?  (Insert from the Blog Hogger: It could happen very easily, since that's the only way I get to win a card contest!  lol) Well it's easy when you have a VERY competitive family. (Oh yeah, and that too!  hehehehe)  Colleen decided to WIN the Easter Card Contest.  I was only made aware of this so called contest, when she passed me the card she made for me. 

But let it be known that I did a creditable job on the card I gave her. (Your card was absolutely gorgeous, Kathy!) I didn't go down without a fight!  Have a look at my card first and then I will show you hers -


This is the front of the card.  I call this my $300.00 card lol.  I used the background stamp "Wood Grain",  I cut out some Soft Suede c/s free hand to make the tree and stamped it with the wood grain stamp also.  I sponged it with Soft Suede ink to make it stand out from the base of the card.  I added some leaves from the Owl Builder punch in Old Olive c/s.  I cut a strip of c/s in Old Olive for the grass and cut it out free hand also.  The eggs came from a retired set called Easter Blossoms.  The punches used were 1 3/4" circle punch the Large Oval punch and the Small oval punch (retired sorry)These made up the bunny body .  I used the Boho Blossom punch for the tail.  I sponged Pretty in Pink around all the edges and used some DSP for the feet and a Pretty in Pink marker for the pads of the feet.


This is the inside of the card. I used the same punches for the ears and arms but I used the Ornament Punch for the face and the smallest circle for the cheeks. I used the Owl Builder punch for the eyes and nose, which I cut with scissors. I stamped Happy Easter in Melon Mambo ink on Pretty in Pink c/s and sponged with Melon Mambo, see what I mean about a $300.00 card?  (I'm exhausted . . . and impressed . . . just reading the directions! lol)



Now for the so called  "Winner" of the Easter card contest! 






Colleen gave me a Shadow Card for Easter.  I have to admit this card is so sparkly and Spring like IRL.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  My MIL looked at this card and said (out loud I might add)  "She wins this time, Kathy."  (Thanks, Kathy's MIL!  You obviously know quality when you see it!  lol)  Thanks for the support MIL!

The front of this card is a "Window" made with SU's Window Sheets.  I really do love this card and can see so many more possibilities.  How about Mother's day? 

This card will fold flat for mailing but stands alone.  This is how it looks when viewed from the top. 
Congrats Colleen, you did do a really great job on this one!  (And now I'm blushing!  It's good that I won one thing since you beat me consistently with the Wii games!  lol)

Now a couple more pic's of my dinner table.



  Of course you all saw the cupcake holders but look how cute with the actual dessert in them. ---



I know, are you drooling yet?  They were as good as they looked, and the special surprise?  A Maraschino cherry baked inside!  I know, yummy!  (Seriously, people, they tasted divine!  I can't even describe how good they tasted!  I've always wanted to go to Carlo's Bakery, of Cake Boss fame, but I don't think he could make better cupcakes . . . seriously!  Well, that's twice I used the word "seriously", and I didn't use "lol" even once, so you can tell I was impressed!)


Last pic I promise.... This is a pic of the actual place setting.  Colleen provided the sheep!  Now for the food and wine and the table will be complete. 

I am so thankful that you pop in from time to time to have a look at my creations.  Thanks to all who posted comments yesterday.  I read each one several times (and out loud to my family)  Thanks to all who pinned me on their blogs and Splitcoast for featuring me on their weekly fav's.  I now have to grease my head to get it through the door way!  No seriously,  thanks. 

Feeling Ducky hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment