Monday, May 28, 2012

I am a Very Happy Camper!

Hello everyone!

How was your weekend?  Mine was hectic but fun.  I know I actually said the word fun when talking about camping, which is what we did the weekend.  We have the trailer all set up and the trailer is cleaned and organized and on top of that the weather was perfect.

Couldn't have gone any better.  I can still walk and after what I accomplished in a couple of days this is nothing short of a miracle. lol.

The reason I am a very happy camper you ask?  Well, Big Falls has installed WiFi.  OMG!  I know!  How great is that?  Now I am no longer a social outcast.   I can keep in touch with loved ones (ie: pregnant daughter) and check my e-mail and take care of business ALL SUMMER LONG!!!!!

This is life changing for me as for 39 years, once I went camping, even talking on the phone was a challenge.  Big Falls is in a dead zone for communications.  And it's expensive for long distance and what not.  So this will make my camping experience much better. 

What does this mean for you?  Well I will be able to post periodically and keep you up to date.  Now there will be little or no interruption in this blog.  I know, my conceit ,but hey there are actually some people who follow this little blog and according to the amount of hits (over 20,000) someone is looking right?

Anyway that's my news for today.  On with the card -

I used the soon to be retired Fifth Ave. Floral to make this sympathy card.  I don't generally use Rich Razzleberry but today I needed something that was not quite so bright and this was it. 

 I paired it with Old Olive card stock.  I embossing the Lilly image with gold embossing powder and then sponged with Rich Razzleberry ink.  I colored in the stamens with a marker. 

 I used the Build a Blossom punch and Old Olive card stock to make the leaves.  Added a ribbon and With Sympathy in Basic Black and of course the Big Shot for texture.  I like it and I hope you do also. 

here's a close up of the flowers.  This is such a rich color and done with Gold embossing - well the pictures don't do it justice. 

That's it for today.  Have to run and get a few things done before hubby comes home. 

Richly embossed hugs!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. I had to make a sympathy card and this was perfect. Thank you for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete