Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shadow Box Card Revisited . . . With a Twist!

Hello, all you crafty people!  It's the Blog Hogger, aka Kathy's sister.

After seeing Kathy's gorgeous Mother's Day card . . . and after experiencing serious card envy . . . I decided to make another card for my mother!  (I know, I know, I already had a beautiful one made but I just wanted to make mine prettier than Kathy's. After all, I've had such a run of luck in winning all the card contests Kathy and I have engaged in . . . not!  lol)

Anyway, here's my over-the-top card:


From the front, with the flash reflecting off the Window Sheet . . .


From the front, without the shiny spot (lol) . . .


From the top . . . (Can you see the "twist"?)


And from the back!  Now you can definitely see the difference from my other shadow box cards, can't you?

I added a Whisper White cardstock (cs) piece to the back so that I would have a place to stamp/write a comment!  Yah for me!  lol

The Whisper White cs is 7" x 4 1/4" and is scored at 3 1/2" along the 7" side.  I just glued it directly to the back of the shadow box card.  And, yes, the card folds flat for mailing!  lol

If you want the directions for making a shadow box card, click on the following link: http://inkinbythebay.blogspot.ca/search/label/Forest%20Friends

For a list of what I used . . . just keep reading!  lol
  • The stamp sets used are Fast and Fabulous (but you could easily use any flower stamps) and Teeny Tiny Wishes.
  • I also used the Labels Framelits for the "window" and "frame" on the front of the card.
  • The cardstock is Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Whisper White.
  • The ink is Black Stazon.
  • The accessories are Window Sheets, the Eyelet Border punch, the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, the Finial Press Embossing Folder, Basic Pearls, Pink Pirouette/Pretty in Pink/Certainly Celery Markers, Dazzling Diamonds, and Dimensionals (I popped up some of the flowers and the Mother's Day greeting).
After spending a ridiculous amount of time on this card, I can assure you my next one will be clean and simple!  lol

Shadowy hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment