Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Whimsical Aviary!

Good day Inky ones!

I took the day off yesterday to do some Birthday shopping.  I needed a pair of sandals for the summer and I received some money for my B-day so off to the shops.  My first instinct when I get money for any occasion is to spend it on SU merchandise but not this time. lol

I have a bunch of pre-order merchandise arriving next week and am looking forward to getting my hands on that I can assure you.  The catalogs are on their way and I can't wait to get my hot little hands on them also.   

My last order came in today and I had a couple of new sets arrive.  They are not new exactly, as they have been in the catty since last year, but now with a baby arriving soon I am looking at the sets with a different eye. 

Last year was all about the wedding and this year I am in baby land.  What a difference a year can make!  I purchased "Aviary" just for the cute little owl.  And I also got Up, Up and Away!  So I will be trying something with that set soon.

Here is what I did with the Aviary set.  I had some card stock on my desk and decided to just, once again, go with it!


I used Whisper White textured card stock for my base.  I had a Real Red Top Note piece on my desk and decided to use that.  I used the Itty Bitty Punch to  make the super small and super cute flowers.  I punched them out and then scrunched (a very technical term) them  up and used the smallest pearl for the center.  I was going to add some leaves to the flowers to add some green to the card.  What do you think?  Should I, or not?  Leave a comment and let me know what you think I should do,



Here's a close up of the cute owl.  I think he is adorable, he makes me smile every time I look at him.  Not sure about the balance on this card but not bad for a 10 min card. 

I didn't get a good start today as my hubby was called out to work last night and I woke up and didn't get back to sleep.  So today is kinda a weird day lol.

Don't forget there are only two weeks left to order the retiring stamps before they disappear for ever!  You can shop in my Stampin' Up! store or contact me with an order via e-mail.  Don't have a demonstrator?  I would love to be your demonstrator! 


Whimsical hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment