Friday, July 13, 2012

Fun and Dirty!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger coming to you with something fun and dirty! Of course you know I'm talking about a card, right?  lol  Let's face it, there's something really enjoyable about ripping and sponging a card that just makes me happy!


I don't often do a "distressed" type of card but I wanted to challenge myself . . . in a positive way this time!  lol  I haven't gone back to stressing myself out, I'm pleased to say. (Frankly, that only makes sense if you are a regular follower of this blog . . . but basically all you need to know is I'm super competitive, even with myself!  lol)


Anyway, here's my latest creation.




This one requires more work than my last few cards, but I think it's worth it.


Here are the details:

  1. The Crumb Cake cardstock (cs) is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".
  2. The large Chocolate Chip layer is 4" square, and textured using the Square Lattice Emboss Folder.
  3. The Chocolate Chip layer with the ribbon is treated the same way and is just a little wider than the ribbon, and 5" long.
  4. The top Chocolate Chip layer (under the main image) is 4 1/4" x 3".
  5. The layer with the script on it and the top layer will be various sizes depending on how you rip the cs.
  6. I inked up one of the images from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set with Soft Suede ink, stamped it onto scrap paper and then onto the Naturals Ivory cs. (I wanted a very soft look.)
  7. The flower is made using the Five Petal and Boho Blossoms punches.  The different layers are attached using an Antique Brad.
  8. Everything, and I mean every little thing, is sponged using Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip ink.  In fact, I didn't have any antique-looking paper so I made some of my own by printing some stuff off on the printer and "dirtying" it up using the above mentioned inks.  Here's a picture to show you the difference.



I have to admit I do like to make a card sometimes that can be used for almost any occasion and, since this one doesn't need a sentiment on the front, it meets that requirement.

Anyway, that's it for now, fellow stampers!

Dirty, ah-h-h, I mean antique hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment