Monday, July 16, 2012

Up,Up and Away!

Good day Inky People!

It’s raining here in Newfoundland.  At the camper it has been movie day and Jiggs dinner.  I love Jiggs dinner because I don’t have to cook it.  My hubby is the master chef for this one.  He doesn’t like to BBQ but when it comes to salt beef and vegetables he is the expert.  This meal consists of salt meat, carrots, turnip, cabbage or turnip greens and a peas pudding for those of you who are not familiar with our traditional meals. Lol.  It is a meal that takes all day to cook – 20 min. to eat and all evening to clean up!  But on a rainy day it really hits the spot.

Because it is raining here I didn’t get a card done today but am in the process of designing one with water coloring and an aqua painter.

 But I do have a card to show you.  Remember the “Up, Up and Away” card I posted a little while ago?  Well because I am giving it to my sister’s twin girls I had to make a second card. 

Here it is –


I used Whisper White Card stock as my base. I used Pool Party for the clouds and I did these as balloons.  I used Midnight Muse for the birds, Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder for the other balloons.  I popped the balloons up with dimensionals after I stamped the tails.  Why, you ask would I attach them after?  Why because if you do it before it is MUCH harder! 

I stamped the greeting with Wisteria Wonder and cut out the Congrats and popped that up with Dimension Dots. 

I tried to stay within the framework of the other card but change it up just a little bit.  How do you think I did?

Well I only have a few days left before I go to Ottawa.  I am not sure how many times I will be able to blog with cards but I will try to stay on top of it. 

I have been looking at my clothes and what not and wondering if I really need them.  I am going into withdrawal just thinking about leaving all my Stampin’ Up! At home.  WAHH! 

Well that’s it for today!  I do have Colleen’s birthday card to post but I can’t do that until she goes out of the country.  She will be in Venice for her Birthday lucky B@#$h!  OOPs I am not supposed to swear, there will be a baby in the family soon.  No seriously I am pleased for her!  I hope she has a great time. 

So that's it for today everyone!
Hot Air hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment