Tuesday, July 24, 2012

We're still Pregnant!

Good day Crafty ones!

Have you missed me?  I am currently in Ottawa!  I arrived on Friday past and spent the day getting organized.  Saturday was get started on housework and helping Carrie  get organized for the birth.

I am so glad I came when I did because she really needed help.  Things are still status quo with the baby.  She is strong and moving well but at this time is in no rush to come out for a visit.  Although Carrie's pressure level is definitely on the rise.

Yesterday was a doctor's appointment and I heard the heartbeat for the first time.  And no, I didn't cry!!  Then they did a ultra sound.  I saw the top of the head and the spine and 5 tiny toes and the sole of her foot.  Technology is such a wonderful thing.

 We are on wait and see time here.  We don't go far from the house and just try to do one thing at a time. 

But we are gradually getting things done.  She told me this morning that her stress level has gone down from a 10 to 0 because I am here, Awwwww!

I do have a card for you today and not because I brought my craft things with me and left the clothes behind, (which I considered) but because I haven't posted  Colleen's Birthday card that I made at Big Falls.  Her B-day was July 22 and I didn't post it until she was out of the country 'cause I didn't want her to see it. lol.

But since she is in Greece I think it may be safe.  So here goes. - -


I used Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive for the colors of my card stock.  I used the Delicate Doilies die with the Big Shot and punched out all the holes.  I punched out the flowers using the 1" circle punch and used the rolled flower technique that is posted on the side bar.  

I stamped the Happy Birthday in Versamark and heat embossed it with Silver Embossing powder.  The Butterflies are from the new catalog.  I think the set is called Petite Papillon!  ( don't have my catty here, I know, I can't believe it also)

I punched out the butterflies using the matching punch.  The smaller flowers were done using the Bitty Punch pack.  I also used the Bird Builder punch for the leaves.    Oh and the background was also done on the Big Shot using the Fancy Fan embossing folder in the new catty.  Lots of new product here for sure. lol.

So what do you think?  I hope she likes it and what I have inside.  I already gave her one present of a stamp set, but this one is a surprise.  I can't even tell you, in case she gets Internet access and checks out this post. hahaha! 


And of course the close up of the details. lol. 

That's all I got for you today!  Chat with you later - maybe I will have some baby news!

Patiently waiting hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment