Monday, August 20, 2012

Blue Poppies!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger back with a card I made today because I wanted to use my new Stampin' Up stuff . . . and because it was cool and rainy today so I needed something to occupy me and keep me out of mischief! lol

The color combinations for today's card came from a bowl I brought back with me on my recent trip. Now, those of you who know I just returned from Europe will be excused if you immediately assume it was bought in some exotic foreign country. However, it was actually bought in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada! lol

The colors in the bowl remind me of the doors in Mykonos, Greece, so there is a connection to my trip. It's just a connection I made at Stokes when I returned to Canada! lol

Here's a picture of one of those doors:


Pretty, huh? The doors were painted a variety of beautiful colors which popped against the whitewashed stone!

Anyway, here's the bowl that inspired the card (and there were doors painted in every one of these colors which is why the bowl was bought):


The colors matched beautifully with Cajun Craze, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi and Night of Navy markers. So here's the card that was inspired by the colors in the bowl:


And here are the details:
  • I used Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Whisper White cardstock (cs).
  • The image is from the Pleasant Poppies background stamp. I stamped a portion of the stamp using Black Stazon ink. 
  • I colored the image using Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Cajun Craze and Wild Wasabi markers and a Blender Pen. (And, yes, there are blue poppies in real life. I know because I googled it! lol)
  • The Whisper White cs is cut at 3 1/4" x 4", the Marina Mist cs is 3 3/8" x 4 1/8", and the Night of Navy layer is 3 1/2" x 4 1/2". 
  • The Night of Navy strip on the bottom is 1" x 4 1/4" and was textured using the Square Lattice Folder. (The texturing is kinda hard to see in this picture.)
  • The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny wishes stamp set and is punched out using the Word Window punch.
  • The Marina Mist cs is punched out using the Modern Label punch.
  • The main image section and the sentiment are popped up on Dimensionals.
Hope you like this card. When I make it again (so obviously I like it lol) I'm going to use Black Emboss Powder instead of Black Stazon ink to define the poppies better. Well that's it for now, everyone!

Mediterranean hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment