It's your friendly neighborhood Blog Hogger here bringing you yet another card! I'm on a roll! lol
Like the last card, the colors for this card have been inspired by my recent trip. In this case, however, I actually brought back a small soap dish I fell in love with in Le Castellet, France. Actually, I fell in love with Le Castellet! :) It is a small hillside village, complete with a medieval castle! What a beautiful little gem of a place!
Here's a picture I took when I was there:
It shows where the local women used to clean their laundry! Just makes you long for the "good old days", doesn't it? lol
Anyway, back to the soap dish . . . I just loved the vibrant colors, so thought, "Hey, I wonder if it would translate into a pretty card?"
Here's the soap dish:
And here's the Soap Dish Card:
What do you think? Personally, I am as happy as a cicada in a tree! (It was the constant background sound in Le Castellet. There had to be thousands and thousands of those insects everywhere! lol)
Here are the details;
- I used Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist and Whisper White cardstock (cs).
- I dragged my Daffodil Delight ink pad over the Daffodil Delight cs, which was cut at 4" x 5 1/4", thereby mimicking the brushstrokes you see in the soap dish.
- I used Whisper White Organza Ribbon on the Marina Mist strip.
- Both the Marina Mist strip and the backing for the sentiment were run through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Folder.
- The main image is from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set. I colored the stamp using Wild Wasabi, Garden Green and Real Red markers.
- After I stamped the image on Whisper White cs, I used the Basic Black marker (the pointy end) to color the center slightly, and added some dots using a White Gel Pen.
- I used the 3/16" Corner punch to round off all the edges.
- I glued everything together and popped up the main image using Dimensionals.
Noisy insect hugs,