Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hello Baby Card




Hi, all you inky people!

It's the Blog Hogger, aka Kathy's sister, back from my cruise and ready to take on the world sleepy as heck! I have discovered . . . the fun way . . . that jet lag is nothing to joke about!  lol

Today I finally got everything unpacked and, for the most part, put away.  It was a huge job simply because I think I took everything that wasn't nailed down with us on our trip. In fact, I'm pretty sure I pried the nails out of some things just so we could take a few more totally unnecessary items with us! However, if you are at all concerned about a disaster happening when on vacation, necessitating the need for any one of a variety of suddenly-needed items, I'm the person you should be travelling with! lol

Anyway, once I'd finished with the unpacking I suddenly realized that I needed to make a baby card for my niece and her husband. If you've been following this blog, you know that Kathy's daughter gave birth recently. Since I've been out of the country, today was the first day I got a chance to make an appropriate card.

WARNING: Kathy, you are allowed to view this posting but you must, under pain of incessant teasing ('cause what else do younger sisters do), keep Carrie from seeing this until she gets her card in the mail!

Okay, everyone can now relax and continue reading . . .

After agonizing for a couple of hours [my husband calls it being obsessive, while I call it being a tortured genius :)] I came up with this card:




And here's a picture from the side so you can see where I used Dimensionals: lots and lots of Dimensionals!  :)


Here are the details;
  • I used Chocolate Chip cardstock (cs) for the background cut at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". 
  • The pink designer paper is cut at 5 1/4" x 4". 
  • The "bureau" is a piece of Crumb Cake cs cut at 2 1/4" x 3 1/2". I used the Curly Label punch to make the legs. Each of the drawers are 2" x 3/4", have Metallic Brads for drawer pulls, and I used a scrap of Victoria Crochet Trim to simulate a piece of material sticking out of one of the drawers. I sponged all the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and popped up the drawers with Dimensionals. I also used Dimensionals on the back of the bureau.
  • I included an owl made with the Owl Builder punch, since little Emily's mom went with an owl theme in her nursery. Of course the little owl is wearing a Pretty In Pink bow made by connecting two owl feet with a Basic Pearl, and also sports a pink heart 'cause her parents just love her sooo much! I used Chocolate Chip and Naturals Ivory cs to make the body of the owl and popped it up on Dimensionals.
  • The "picture" over the bureau is made using a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, the Large Oval and Decorative Label punches, and a couple of Metallic Brads. The "Hello Baby" part is popped up on . . . you guessed it . . . Dimensionals.
And so, my dear fellow card-makers, I shall now take my sleepy self off to bed, secure in the knowledge that once again I have made a card I am happy with and, more importantly, have returned to hijacking my sister's blog! lol

Congratulations to Carrie and Steven and lots of hugs and kisses for Emily,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment