Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Afternoon

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger here, taking up some slack for Kathy while she's still in babyland, aka Ottawa. Gosh, I'm a nice sister, aren't I? lol

Isn't the title for this posting evocative of lazy, hot summer afternoons?  I just love the hostess stamp set, Summer Afternoon, which is available when you either host a workshop (and place at least a $200 order) or order at least $200 yourself . . . which I do on a regular basis, thereby granting me the title of Kathy's favorite sister! Oh, did I type that out loud? lol Note to our other sisters: I gave myself the title, so that makes it okay, right?

Anyway, you can buy the stamp set (found on page 205 of the catalogue) for just $12 in hostess dollars for the clear mount set (in the Canadian catalogue).  Don't you agree that it's a great deal?

And don't I sound just like a real live Stampin' Up demonstrator? Also, I just realized I sound like a crazy person 'cause I keep asking questions to which I shall receive no reply . . . except maybe the question to my sisters! lol Oh well, I shall look at it as just another example of talking to your computer which, let's face it, everybody does!

And now on to my most recent card . . .


This card uses:

  • the bicycle from the stamp set, Summer Afternoon (surprise, surprise)
  • a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
  • Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White and So Saffron cardstock (cs)
  • So Saffron ribbon
  • the Top Note Bigz die
  • the Stripes Folder
  • ink and a Blender Pen
  • the Small and Large Oval punches
  • a random (but still Stampin' Up) flower brad
  • a Stampin' Sponge (used to put ink around the edge of the Top Note section)
  • Dimensionals (to pop up the Top Note and the right hand side of the sentiment)
I wanted to use some of my ribbon, but decided to loop it instead of wrapping it around the edge of the So Saffron cs. See what I mean? (There I go, talking to myself again! lol)


Notice that the sentiment says "just for you". I try to pick sentiments I can use for almost any occasion when I make a card just 'cause I'm in the mood, as opposed to making one for a specific reason. That way I can put something on the inside of the card like ". . . on your birthday" or ". . . 'cause I was thinking about you" or ". . . 'cause I was bored one day and wanted to make a card and I decided to give it to you"! lol

Summer afternoon hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment