Saturday, August 4, 2012

Serene Sympathy!

Hi there,

It's the Blog Hogger again. Oh, I am soooo sleepy! I haven't been able to sleep properly ever since I got my new product! After I go to bed my brain has been racing with card ideas! (I'm pretty sure this qualifies me as a Stampin' Up geek!  lol)

This time I used the Serene Silhouettes stamp set to make a sympathy card but it could easily be used as a birthday card (especially for a man), or for any other occasion.

Here's two pictures of the card. The first picture shows the card standing up but, with the way I did the front, the back section is kinda lost.


The next picture shows the card lying down so you can see the back section better.


What neither picture shows is that I used the Striped Emboss Folder to add texture to the side piece of Basic Black cardstock (cs).  Man, black is hard to photograph!  lol

So, here are the details:
(1) The main part of the card, the Marina Mist part, is cut at 6 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 2 1/4".
(2) The front panel, again the Marina Mist part, is 3 1/4" x 4 3/4".
(3) Each smaller section is cut 1/4" smaller so there is a narrow frame showing. Does that make sense? For example, the Marina Mist side section is 2 1/4" and the Basic Black part that is layered over it is 2".
(4) I used Marina Mist (surprise, surprise), Basic Black and Whisper White cs.
(5) As mentioned above, I gave the Basic Black side section some texture with the Striped Emboss Folder.
(6) The main image is from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set and the sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes. (I really do have other sentiments I can use, but I just find myself coming back over and over to this stamp set.)
(7) I used Black Stazon ink for all the stamping.
(8) I used a black button for a bit of detail, a Mini Glue Dot to adhere the button, and the Large Oval and Word Window punches.


And there you have it . . . a simple and elegant card.  Oh yeah, and a very sleep stamper!  lol


Simply sleepy hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment