Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Dozen Colors!

Hi everybody,

It's the Blog Hogger, back with another card. This one earned the title of "A Dozen Colors" because . . . ah, well . . . I used a dozen colors of cardstock in it! lol

I used the stamp set Create a Cupcake, and decided to make a card that was colorful, quirky and fun! See what you think:


Brace yourselves, 'cause the list of cardstock (cs) colors is lengthy:
  1. Melon Mambo
  2. Whisper White
  3. Chocolate Chip
  4. Certainly Celery
  5. Marina Mist
  6. Perfect Plum
  7. More Mustard
  8. Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie (for the confetti)
See, if you count each one it adds up to a dozen colors! And don't think the flames (also made from Daffodil Delight cs) and the confetti weren't "fun" to glue onto the card! lol

I used designer paper for the pink "icing" and Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink for the bottoms of the cupcakes. I used oval punches for the sentiment, as well as the Stripes Folder for the "table" and the Square Lattice Folder to texture-up (Sure, that's a word! lol) the More Mustard icing.

The Crimper was used to texture-up (I've decided I like my new word and plan on using it as often as possible! lol) the Certainly Celery icing. The middle cupcake was popped up on Dimensionals.

It was a bit of work to make this card, but using the Cupcake Builder punch helped a lot! Mostly, it was gluing all those little pieces down that caused me to say some naughty words . . . but I also really like the final project so it was worth it! It's bright, it's cheerful, it's quirky! (Hmmmm, describes me perfectly! lol)

Texture-up your life hugs, (See how I casually worked my new word in once again? lol)
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment