Thursday, September 13, 2012

Men Like Cupcakes Too!

Hi everyone,

After making the cupcake card, using the Create a Cupcake stamp set, (you know, the one I dubbed "A Dozen Colors") I showed it to my husband and he said, "Men like cupcakes too!" (I had to agree that it was a very girly and/or childlike card. lol)

Well, needless to say, I latched onto that statement and proceeded to come up with the following card:


Look how manly it is . . . even though it's sporting a cupcake as the main image! But that's okay 'cause "Men like cupcakes too!" lol

The base is Chocolate Chip . . . which is a manly color! The next layer is Marina Mist . . . which, since it's a shade of blue, it also a manly color! I scored the edges of the Whisper White cardstock (cs), being careful to keep the card clean and (you guessed it) manly.

There's only one one cupcake, instead of a bunch of them, and it's a chocolate cupcake! (The coordinating punch, Cupcake Builder, is such a time saver!)

I popped up the Whisper White layer and A-L-L of the cupcake parts using Dimensionals. Yes, that means even the itty-bitty candle and the itty-bittier flame! It involved cutting tiny pieces of a Dimensional and using tweezers. Oh, such fun! lol

It's simple, clean and manly! Tada!!! Mission accomplished!

Well, I showed it to my husband and he said, "I meant men like cupcakes they can put in their mouths!"

Oh. Seems as though I'm not terribly good as picking up on hints. But I sure can turn an innocent statement into a card quickly! lol

Got to go now. I'm heading to our local bakery to pick up some cupcakes! lol

Cupcake hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment