Monday, September 17, 2012

Squares, Ovals & Leaves

Hi everyone,

After all the colorful cards I've made lately I thought I'd mix it up with a stark black and white look.

[SCREECH!!! (That's the sound of wheels coming to an abrupt halt!!! lol) This blog has been temporarily stopped in order to bring you an update on the card I will feature below! It started out black and white but, even tho' I had tagged it as a sympathy card, it was just too severe for me. Therefore, I added some color and a flower to it. I'll post the updated card at the end of this post. You may now continue reading! lol]

I like the clean lines and felt comfortable mixing square and oval shapes, although I don't normally do that.

Anyway, take a look and see what you think:


I used the leaves from the Bird Builder punch, punching them out of Basic Black cardstock (cs) already punched out using the 1 1/4" Square punch. Then I glued them onto Whisper White cs punched out using the 1 3/8" Square punch. I popped up the leaf sections using Dimensionals.

I also used one of the Adorning Accents Folder and the accompanying Adorning Accents Edgelit to make the curved section on the bottom. I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and Oval punches to complete the card.

[Okay, here's the updated version:



It's a subtle change but I think it makes a big impact! I just added a bit of Marina Mist, punched out with the same punches but glued to give a shadow effect. The flower with the rhinestone center came from my Pretties Kit, which I got a while ago from the Clearance Rack. I'm much happier with the card now!]

Updated hugs,
Colleen, aka the Blog Hogger

No comments:

Post a Comment