Saturday, September 1, 2012

Little Bitties!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger again, eager to show you my latest creation. I'm thinking pretty soon Kathy will be telling me to stop taking over her blog, but as soon as Tuesday comes I'll be passing the "Blog Baton" back to her anyway. Why on Tuesday, you ask? Well, that's when children in Newfoundland and Labrador return to school and, therefore, I return to work! That will give me less time to play with cardstock. (Okay, everyone, let's all breath a loud, sad sigh. S-i-g-h! lol)

Luckily I enjoy my job and the people I work with, and the following picture is proof of that:


Seriously, why else would I make 35 little bitty cards? lol The cards measure 2 1/2" x 5" and were fun and easy to do! They will be popped into everyone's mailboxes along with a sweet treat! Yum! lol

Here's a close-up of one of the cards:



I got six cards out of each 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock (cs). The following three pictures show how I cut the Whisper White cs. (However, for the pictures I used a sheet of Pumpkin Pie cs 'cause I thought it would show up better.)


First cut the 8 1/2" side at 5" & 7 1/2". That will give you a 1" scrap piece along the side. Here's another look at it:




Then cut the 11" side at 5" &10". That will automatically give you #5 & #6 cards. Cut the two 5" x 5" squares into two pieces each, thereby giving you #1, 2, 3 & 4 cards. Hopefully that makes sense to you. Well, the pictures show it pretty well . . . I hope! lol

Once I had my cards cut out, I stamped one of the four images from the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set onto the front. I used all four images and four colors of ink: Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Old Olive & Always Artichoke. (The Pocket Silhouettes stamp set in no longer available but any stamp set with small images would work just as well.)

Then I used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool to made a little border around the edges.

I stamped the "just for you", from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, onto scrap cs with Chocolate Chip ink and punched it out with the Word Window punch. I backed it with Chocolate Chip cs punched out using the Modern Label punch.

That's it for the "male" cards. I just added some color and fun to the "female" cards by using some little butterflies I had left over from some projects I'd done using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. The wings are bent forward and glued only in the middle to give some dimension to them.

Last year I made little cards shaped like old-fashioned slates with a little apple on the side for everyone. Now those were a lot of work!!! lol This year I just don't want to let go of summer, hence the shades of green and the butterflies.

Summery hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment