Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birthday's are fun!

Good day Stampers!

Well my daughter took the baby back to Ottawa today!  To say I am blue would be an understatement!  But my husband is in as bad a state as me lol..

Apparently the plane trip with Emily went as expected and she was a dream baby the whole way.  Looking  forward to Skype and videos from mommy and hopefully we can bring her home after Xmas for another month. 

Okay that's enough blue talk, moving on - a while ago my friend Debbie had a birthday and I didn't show you her card.  So here you go -

 
I used Melon Mambo as my card base and the new Lacy Brocade Embossing folder.  I also used  Papilion Potpourri stamp set and the matching punch.  I cut out the whisper white background piece using Apothecary Framelits and punched holes in it using the Essentials Paper Piercing pack and my paper piercer. 



 
I used one of the new Vintage Faceted designer buttons as my accent piece.  I didn't want to fill in the holes with linen thread so I added some tombow glue to the center and then added some Silver chunky glass glitter.  My friend Debbie loves bright and shiny lol.   I embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment with Silver Embossing powder and punched a border using Silver glitter paper.  I loved how it turned out. 
 
 
So about Birthday's - Why do I love them?  Because you get to celebrate the fact that the people you love are in your life.  You get to make awesome cards to give them and you can tailor each and every card especially for them based on their likes and dislikes.  But one of the most important reasons is of course the cake!  Right?  
 
  Carrie and Emily were home for hubby's birthday this year making his day extra special.  Emily had her first photo shoot so she could give her Pop a gift.  Well known fact about my husband - he is a HUGE John Wayne fan!  ( Yeah I don't really get it either)  Anyway he spent most of the time Emily was here calling her "His John Wayne buddy!"  So Carrie and I thought this might be something he would love!



 
Cute and silly but done with Oh so much love!  She is quite the little dudette!  And yes he was moved by the framed 8x0 pic.  Birthday's - priceless!! 
 
Back in the saddle hugs!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the birthday card. I'm a sparkly blingy gal myself and your card has the perfect touches of sparkle - the silver glitter paper, the extra glitter in the button - perfect!

    And that lil' dudette is as precious as can be. You need to teach her to say 'wha ha lil pilgrim' to amaze her Pop.

    ReplyDelete