Friday, October 12, 2012

It's a Scary Time!

Happy October Stampers!

How is everyone doing?  I am keeping busy and getting ready for Halloween!  Last night I had a "Googly Ghouls" class with my peeps.

Now the set I used is far from Scary!  In fact it's so stinkin cute that I smile every time I stamp with it. 

Here are some pic's of the projects.  I did case a couple of them because of the time crunch but that's ok.  So have a look, and don't forget to tell me what you think.  Leave a comment because I love input and read everyone of your comments.  (I do REALLY!)


 
Here are all the projects we did last night!  Cute eh?

This project was cased from Stampin' Connection.  I used the Petite Pocket bigz die for this project and one of the pre-punched tags in the Googly Ghouls kit in the Holiday Mini!  I embossed the project with the Chevron embossing folder.  I used sticky strip for all my boxes and candy holders. 

This project used the Petal Cone die.  We chopped off the point on the bottom and trimmed the half circle at the top to mimic a coffin.  Too cool!   We punched out a circle and then sponged it to make it look like a moon and used the retired bat punch to punch out our image .  Easy but fun!
 

 
This one used the medium cello bag and some Brights dsp.  I used the Apothecary Framelits to make the topper and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  Punched out the greeting using the Scallop Oval punch and stamped the greeting on Whisper White and punched it out with the large oval punch.  Stamped the Mummy image and cut it out and attached it to the top.  Super cool!

 
Once again pressed the Petite Pocket die into service.  I also cased this project from Stampin' Connection (a demonstrator's website only)  We punched out five ovals using the large oval punch and then sponged Pumpkin Pie ink on the sides and when the pumpkin was finished we cut the pumpkin in half and placed our mummy crawling out.  Love it!

This Project used the Itty Bitty Box and Envelope Bigz die.  (this die is also retired) Stamped the bat image around the box and added ribbon to the middle.  We stamped the witch image in Elegant Eggplant and colored in her face with a Daffodil Delight marker.  Added some Dazzling diamonds to the buckle on her hat and her buttons.  I only added one googly eye because I thought it gave her more of a crazed look!  I gave the ladies the option of adding two eyes but they all agreed with me and stuck with one eye lol. 
 

 
This project used the Mini Milk Carton Bigz die.  This was the first time I had used this die and I have to say at first it was a bit of a challenge getting it to come out right.  But once you get it - you really get it!  We used the Color Spritzer and a Basic Black marker to dirty it up.  I used the Scallop Circle punch and a 1 3/8" circle punch for the Whisper White circle behind Frankenstein.  We stamped the image on Old Olive card stock - cut and mounted him using dimensionals.  Oh and we used some retired Pumpkin Pie ribbon around the middle.
 
I designed my class with treats in mind.  I used all of the Big Shot boxes and embossing folders I could find retired and current because I had to design this class in a hurry ( baby home - remember?) I needed to get it done quickly.  That's when I LOVE my Big Shot best lol.

So  that's my imput for today.  There is still time to book a Googly Ghouls class for Halloween.  Just give me a call and I will set that up for you.

As a side note I have been finding that I am not always as funny as Colleen and today my posting does not have much humour.  I understand that you all enjoy her posts a lot as the comments I have received reflect this. 

So I have to find humour somewhere else.  Here are a couple of dry jokes for you.

Have you seen Quasimodo?  I have a hunch he is back!  (I know Dusty right?)

And the last one for today -



So have a great day and stamp out your troubles. 
 
Haunting hugs!

1 comment: