Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mug Up!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger coming to you on a cold, windy evening all the way from Stephenville, Newfoundland, Canada. I am tucked up in my warm house, having just finished another Christmas card and feeling very pleased with myself.

The card I am showing you this evening got the "two thumbs up" from my husband, so we all know that it's a great card, right? lol He said that it screamed "Christmas"!

Okay, he didn't actually say that. I have to admit . . .  and my daughters would be quick to back me up on this . . . I tend to "embellish" stories. Actually, my daughters say I outright lie, but I prefer to call it "embellishing the story to make it more interesting"! After all, what sounds better: "I like that card 'cause it seems Christmassy" or "That's the most beautiful card in the whole world and it screams 'Christmas' "? I certainly know which one I like better! lol

Either way, both he and I like the card and I think that it fits into both a Christmas theme and a tradition that Newfoundlanders have of having a "mug-up" with a good cup of tea . . . although, in this case, I think it's a cup of hot chocolate. lol

Anyway, enough said. Here's the card:


I used Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock (cs), and Chocolate Chip and Real Red ink. The images are from the Scentsational Season stamp set, with the corresponding Holiday Collection Framelits. The sentiment is from the Sassy Salutations stamp set.

I cut the base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4". The Old Olive layer is 5 1/4" x 4". I stamped the greeting on the cardstock and then ran it through the Big Shot using a folder with snowflakes on it. (Sorry, don't know and can't find the name, which means it's no longer available.)

I ran a strip of Real Red ribbon across the center, and popped up the mug, steam and candy cane on Dimensionals. (Be careful to place your Dimensionals so they won't land on the ribbon.) Then I used Dazzling Diamonds and a Two-Way Glue Pen to make the snowflake sparkly, and stuck a random rhinestone in the center.

And there you have it, another quick and easy card! Tada!

Warm sips and peppermint hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment