Friday, November 23, 2012

Winter Memories!

Good Day inky ones!

Today I am working with my favorite stamp set.  It's called Winter Memories and has some very nostalgic images.  I also had a visitor!  We spent some time today just playing and casing some cards.  Of course most of them got changed about a bit. 

We always find that when we start out casing (copy and share everything) a little bit of us sneaks out and lands on the card.  Does that happen to you? 

I have lots of Christmas stamp sets here but the first one we worked with was Winter Memories.  So are you ready for the card?  You are?  Ok - here you go -

 
I used the Sled image from the Winter Memories stamp set!  The base of the card is Basic Black and the Wood grained piece is done using the Big Shot, in Real Red and sponged a little bit with Cherry Cobbler to make the Grain stand out.  I ran a piece of White Organza ribbon across the card under the art piece.
 
I cut out the Garden Green piece with Apothecary Framelits and the next size down framelit for the sled image which I stamped in Stazon Black.  I colored the bits and pieces with a blender pen and several colors.  Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Garden Green ink.  I left the rest of the image white.  After I mounted the main art piece with dimension dots I added some glitter using the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details and some of the clear Dazzling Details to the ribbon.  After it dried I put dimensionals on the back and attached it to the card.  I added a greeting to finish the card.
 
My friend and I were quite happy with how this turned out.  What do you think? 
 
I have 4 more beauties for you over the next couple of days so stay tuned!  And I believe the "Blog Hogger" has something to brag about also!  She has been missing posting since I got back and has a couple of items loaded and ready to fire your way.  I can't wait to see what she has come up with!
 
So, that's my share for today!  Warm Winter hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment