Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gift Card Holders Revisited

Happy Holiday's Inky Ones!

I am still in the holiday mood today.  I have been putting my craft room to rights and cleaning up my Christmas stamps  and putting them away for another year.  I always feel a little nostalgic about this as I think that making Christmas Cards is one of my favorite things to do.

I love all the glitter and glam and snowflakes and snowmen and images of Holly etc.  I don't actually enjoy winter but I love Christmas and all the prep beforehand. 

I made several different types of Gift card holders for my nieces and nephew and my mom and of course my customers relatives.  Most of which were men lol. 

I didn't want to publish them until after Christmas Morning so I wouldn't spoil the surprise.  But now I am free to show you some of the designs I used.

Here you go -


 
First up is a simple gift card holder or gift certificate holder.  This is the holder open and ready for the card.

 
Once folded up the holder fits into the sleeve.  I used  Be of Good Cheer Designer Paper.  I was late in ordering it but I am so glad that I finally decided I couldn't live without it!

 
This next holder uses an envelope for the inside and also a belly band to hold it closed.  I used the Silver Glimmer paper to make the border and the scallop circle for the belly band.  It is so shiny in real life.
 
The holder lifts up and now you can see the border better.

 
Inside this holder is an envelope and it makes two sleeves for you to place your greeting and the gift card.  I had a picture of the inside but it was very blurry and of course the holder is gone in the mail.  Poo!  Oh well if I make it again using something other than Christmas I will try again.
 
Well that all for today.  I am going to watch a movie with my DH.  I'm afraid I neglected him badly today.  I have been in my craft room since lunch.  :O) 
 
Holding on to you hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment