Friday, December 28, 2012

Organic & Bright!

Hi all you inky people,

It's the Blog Hogger coming to you during this festive season with two . . . count them, two . . . cards for you in one posting! Woohoo!

First, I have to set up the background story for the cards. Kathy, my beloved sister, usually manages to sneak in some Stampin' Up products into my Christmas gift(s) every year . . . and this year was no exception!

She gave me a be-u-ti-ful Sizzlits Die called Large Paper Doily! It looks just like an old-fashioned doily and I loved it, of course! So after I got home from her house, I proceeded to try out my new "toy". Hmmmm.

Then I called my dear, sweet sister and asked her if she was angry with me. In a quizzical tone of voice she responded that she wasn't. I asked her if I had done something to upset her and if, therefore, she felt the need to punish me in some way. Again she made it clear she wasn't unhappy with me in any way or for any reason.

That's when I explained that the Large Paper Doily was a time-consuming die, since it required me to fiddle . . . at length . . . trying to get all the itsy bitsy pieces of paper out of the cut image! Of course, being the consumate professional that she is, she responded that, since it's an intricate image, I would have to "encourage" the little pieces to pop out. She suggested I use my Paper Piercer to do so!

Of course that worked beautifully and I ended up making two cards in short order! (Thanks, sis!)

And, for your viewing pleasure, here's the first one which I dubbed "Organic & Natural":



This one is for my youngest daughter's birthday.

I used the Large Paper Doily Sizzlits Die (surprise, surprise lol) and Very Vanilla cardstock (cs). I "dirtied" it up using Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip ink and a sponge. Then I threaded some straw-like material through it. (I got the material off the tags connected to the gifts my daughter had given me for Christmas. I thought that was a nice touch! lol) Lastly, I attached a large half pearl from my Pretties Kit with two Mini Glue Dots.

I popped up the doily using itty bitty pieces of Dimensionals onto Chocolate Chip cs cut at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". (I so hope that insanity doesn't run in my family and that my daughters have a hope of living normal lives! Cutting and placing those pieces of Dimensionals should qualify me for a free psychiatric assessment! lol)

The bottom piece was done with Very Vanilla cs, the Scallop Edge punch, and a sentiment from Sassy Salutations. I added a butterfly made using the Beautiful Wings Sizzlits Die and two Basic Pearls!

I also sponged all edges with Chocolate Chip ink and a sponge, and used the Corner Rounder punch to curve the top edges. Tada!!!

Now if you are a person who prefers cards that are clean and bright, here's one you might like. Conveniently it's labelled "Clean & Bright" (lol):


Want to know how to make it? Check out the details above, but glue the doily directly onto the Elegant Eggplant cs.

Also, I cut a piece of Silver Shimmer paper 2 1/2" square, peeled some of the paper off the back, and ran it through the center of the Large Paper Doily Sizzlets Die. I then carefully cut the circle out and, since I hadn't learned my lesson while making the Organic & Natural card, I popped it up on little pieces of Dimensionals. The only other change is that I put Dazzling Details on the middle of the butterfly.

I would have labelled this posting "Organic & Natural & Clean & Bright" but it was too wordy . . . and heavens only knows I hate being wordy! (Sorry, had to pause there to wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes!..................Hoooo, still chuckling!....................Oh, my stomach muscles hurt sooo much!!!)

Anyway, I hope you all had/are having a wonderful holiday season!

Organic and bright hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment