Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas to one and All!

Good day Stampers!

 I notice by the date on the previous post that it has been about 10 days since I posted to my blog.  I have quite a few things done since then but the biggest problem is all of the things I have created will be given to people on Christmas day and I don't really want to spoil their surprises.

I have been creating bags for wrapping, gift card holders galore and a cute little paper ornament for my new grandchild, Emily.

Today I am going to share the ornament for Emily as she is much too small to read this blog.  Thank goodness for that, otherwise I would have nuttin'.

So here we go -

 
This was made using various punches.  The 2 3/4"  circle for the ornament, 1" circle for the hands,
1 3/4" circle for the body and 1 3/8" circle inside the body,  3/4" circle for the nose and a hole punch for the pink dot on his nose.  I used a framelit for the head and hat.  I used a Scallop oval punch for the brim of the hat.  The ears are done with  a 1 1/4" circle punch and the 1" circle for the inside of the ears. 
 
I punched out the flower with a retired punch called trio blossom.  I then made the smaller flower using the itty bitty punch from the punch pack.  I used the Bitty Banner framelit for the banner.  I embossed the swirl from Elements of Style on the Brushed Silver card stock with Silver embossing powder.  The mouse is done in Soft Suede and Crumb cake and the hat in Real Red.  I sponged all the parts of the mouse before gluing it together.  Whew!
 
I think I will call this my $500.00 ornament!  When you are making something and you just reach out and grab what you need, it really doesn't seem like much,  but then you have to let people know what you used and your mind blows up! lol
 
I am leaving you today with a picture of Emily, who by the way now has two bottom teeth showing!  Reminds me of that song, you know the one, "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth! 
 
 
What a little cutie!
 
 
 
And before I go here is a little funny for you! 

 
 
I know I have a warped sense of humour, but I am dealing with it!  hahaha!
 
Toothy and toothless hugs!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment