Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Blast from the Past!

Good day everyone!

How are you all today?  I'm good and getting excited because in a little under two weeks I will be a hands on Nana! YaY!  DD and baby are coming home for a visit!

Today's post revolves around babies!  How's that for a segue?

I have been invited to a baby shower this Sunday.  Of course I need a baby card (after all it's what I do right?)  Also my MIL asked me to make a "bigger" card as she doesn't like the size of the cards I normally make, she likes the cards, she just wants them bigger and so one of these card is 5" x 5".

 Also if you are a regular reader of this blog you know that I don't usually showcase stamps sets that have been retired because if you like the card, you can't purchase the stamp because SU no longer makes it!  Don't want to frustrate you!  But I have been hanging on to stamps that are suitable for babies.

So today I will be showing you a card made with a discontinued set called  "Bear Hugs!"  I find since Emily has arrived I have been drawn to stamps that will work with either a small child or a baby.  I wonder why that is! lol. 

So here is the first card -


 
This card uses Wisteria Wonder as the base and Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink for the other two colors.  I used 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" square punch to punch out the squares.  I used a blender pen and colored the bears with Soft Suede.  I  used a Pretty in Pink marker and Wisteria Wonder marker to color in the bibs and diapers.  I also added dazzling diamonds to the bibs.  I used the big shot to cut out my letters and highlighted the sides of the letters with Regal Rose ink and a sponge.  This is a discontinued set but would work with any set for children.  (or even a Christmas card saying NOEL)

 
This is my second card and I used all current product except for the greeting!.  The stamp is "Two by Two" and I used the Big Shot to get this look.  I also used various markers to color in the animals and ark.  I used Marina Mist, Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla for the card stock.  I like both of these cards. 
 
So my Blast from the Past is over and tomorrow we will be back to current sets, I promise!
 
Babying you hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment