Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pretty Pretty Day!

Good day Stampers!

Well believe it or not we have had four, count em four lovely days in a row.  The sun is shining and although it is cold, just looking at blue sky and white mountains is so uplifting! 

Yesterday my Daughter and Emily went for a little drive and landed up in Lark Harbour.  The combination Sea, Blue Sky and Craggy Peaks WOW!!!!  Newfoundland has some of the best scenery around and believe me we appreciate it.

Now that I have my lead in finished here is my share for today.  I used Island Indigo and Pool Party and Primrose Petals as my inspiration.   Love the blues on this card and just a hit of pink, well let's chat about spring because that's where my head is. 

Here you go -

 
I used Whisper white for my base and then made banners saying Happy Birthday.  I stamped the circle image from Madison Avenue in Pool Party, Island Indigo and Primrose Petals.  I punched them out with a 1 1/4" circle punch and used Basic Black behind the punched out flowers.  The punch I used was a 1 3/8" circle punch.  I inked up a discontinued stamp with a Basic Black marker and stamped on the bottom of the card.  I added in color adornments to the centers and there you have it a simple but cute card.
 
Miss Emily is having her afternoon nap, Carrie is making Lasagna for supper tonight and I have a few ME minutes.  All I need now is a Latte and a good book!  Speaking of good books, I am a die hard reader (in case you didn't know) and I love fantasy and humour and a Who Dun it.  Recently I found an author that I love.  Her name is Lindsy Buroker. 
 
Lindsay is a self published writer and she writes Steam Punk Fantasy with a lots of snappy dialog between her characters.  I downloaded the first book, Emperor's Edge, from Amazon and it was free.  Once I read that one, I purchased every one of her other books.  I also, for the first time in my life went on her blog and left her a rave review.
 
I have read since I was a child and this is the first time I ever did that.  I added my e-mail address and the next morning there was a lovely comment in my in box responding to my letter.  I was so pleased and surprised. 
 
So bottom line if you are interested in reading her free book HERE is the link to her blog. 
 
Enjoying life hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment