Wednesday, February 13, 2013

She has Arrived!

Good Day Stampers!

Well Emily and Carrie have finally arrived safe and sound.  Emily is settling in quite nicely and Nana and Pop are having a ball.

Yesterday was like Christmas, what with all the presents under the Christmas Tree!  Yes I said Tree!  I left the Christmas Decorations up for my daughter and baby.  But will be taking them down later this week.  I just wanted to give them a Christmas in Newfoundland. lol.  DD was very surprised and pleased by this.  Emily has enough toys and books to last for the month she will be here. 

I guess by now you are ready for some card photos. Too bad cause I don't have one for you today. Because I have to show you the finished wall in the bedroom that I made for Emily.  I had so much fun doing this.  My thanks to Jackie Topa, the queen of all things punched!  I have downloaded lots of her work over the course of five years.  So here goes!

 
First up is a cute little bear with a basket of berries.  I used a square punch to make the basket and then rounded off two corners.  I cut several strips of Crumb Cake and sponged them with Soft Suede ink.  I glued the top strips on and then wove the other strips and stuck some glue on the ends to secure.  I punched out a lot of very small circles using Real Red card stock and the I put some glue on the top of the basket and just pressed the basket into the pile of dots.  Voila!  A basket of berries!  I then added some Crystal Effects to make sure they stayed on and also to give them some shine. 

A little bear peeking up from the top of the bush!

Well what would a woodland scene be without a rabbit.  I used the large heart punch for the body and Oval punches for the ears.  You should have seen my room when I was done.  I think I used every punch I owned and I few I had forgotten about lol.

 
Owls and really whimsical birds, butterflies and flowers.  Wow there's a lot going on here.!!

Oh Oh another bunny and what's that in the punched out tree?  Yep, another owl!

Seriously I has no idea there were so many ways to make an owl! 

I added a few smaller owls (found some smaller circle plates :O)

Another blue owl.  This one was punched out with the tab punch, the scallop circle punch and a few smaller circle punches. 

Here is a street view of the whole set up!

Another look at the bunnies and birds.

And finally my two super cute bears.  This was definitely a work of love.
 
Now I am not worried about Emily eating the card stock, cause she is still too little to stand up by herself.  But Stampin' Up! card stock and punches are so much fun to add that little something for a little someone!
 
I will be back tomorrow with another post and to tell you some exciting news that has come from another announcement from SU!  Whew the staff at SU are burning up the ideas lol!  But I think you will like this one for sure.
 
Contented Nana hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment