Monday, April 15, 2013

Back to Basics!

Hello Everyone!

I'm back today with a "Back to Basics" card.  I spend so much time researching the new and fun trends in card making and scrapbooking, that today, when I wanted to make a card I felt bogged down.   Does that ever happen to you?

I find when I feel like this it is better to go back to pure stamping.  So I went to my craft room and looked at my stamp sets and pulled out "Field Flowers" and "Fall Foliage".  I haven't used these in awhile so off we go.


Here is the pic:

 
You won't find anything fancy here folks!  I stamped around the outside of the card with Pretty in Pink and matted the focal image with Very Vanilla and Brushed Gold.  I random stamped the splotch image from Fall Foliage in Crumb Cake and I stamped off first because I wanted a very light look to the background.  I roughed up the outside with my scissors and tore and folded the edges for a worn look.  I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo and the stem in Pear Pizzazz.  I also stamped the greeting with Soft Suede.
 
I stamped out the flowers on scrap paper and cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals.  I added some sparkle with Dazzling Details.  Not quite a 10 min card but close. 
 
I found the stamping and cutting very relaxing.  So no bells and whistles here but lots of Stamping Goodness.
 
Basic hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment