Sunday, April 14, 2013

For the Birds #5

Good Day Stampers!

I find myself with a little extra time on my hands today because DH and I went out for supper last night at the MIL's.  Of course she loaded us up with the leftovers.  That means I don't have to cook supper for two nights running!  Yippee! 

So that means I had time to make a quick little card using "For the Birds".  I think this will make Number five out of six images in this set.  I used  the Mailbox image because I have this card slated to go to my DD.  I have a photo CD  of her trip here and forgot to give it to her before she left.

Here is the card:

 
I stamped the image with Stazon Black and water colored it with my Aqua Painter.  I used Black for my base and Daffodil Delight for the co-ordinating color.  I am trying to use up some of the cut card stock I have on hand and found this piece was just waiting to be used as it already had been run through the Big Shot with a Polka Dot folder.  Time saver!
 
I also added a little skirt of Whisper white embossed again in the BS.  I did however use some discontinued ribbon on the card.  I was not surprised to find I have a lot of ribbon stashed.  Again, another little thing I tend to hoard!  When will I get help for this crippling addiction?  Oh wait I was crippled before Stampin' Up!  lol 
 
Since Carrie is not one for  pretty layers, I kept this one simple and by using the Polka Dots embossing folder, I managed to find something I know she loves.  Slipping in a little lace border and hoping she won't notice lol!
 
Just a quick hello today friends, so glad you dropped by.  Back soon with some more nonsense I mean beautifully designed cards from my Craft room!
 
Gonna miss Bashful Blue hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment