Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Following My Muse!

Hi there Stamping Friends!

Ok,  I don't really have a muse!  But I sometimes think there is someone or something that gets into my head and won't get out until I put it on paper.  Humm!  That sounds slightly crazy!  Maybe I should rephrase that, Nah, I'm sure you get the picture.

Once again playing with stamps and paper.  I took out "Fabulous Florets" and decided to do some more random stamping.  But today I stepped it up a bit and Heat embossed the flowers and the leaves on  Shimmer White card stock.  I like how forgiving this card stock can be if you add water.  (And there would certainly be water involved in this project).

Once that was done, I had to decide on my colors.  I have mentioned in the last few posts that I was trying to use up some cut card stock and I just looked and found a couple of colors that "Spoke" (again with the voices!) to me.  Marina Mist, Gumball Green and Basic Black.  I heat embossed the images with Black Embossing powder.

Here is my share for today -

 
I used an Aqua painter to put the first color on the petals - Marina Mist.  I did it very lightly and went back and added Pacific Point ink after it had dried. Then while waiting for it to dry again I colored the leaves in Lucky Limeade and added Gumball Green to darken the leaves.  All this was done with the Aqua painter.  Once everything was dried I went back with a Pacific Point marker and made it  darker around the petals.  I then painted the center of the flowers with Gumball Green.  I took the Gumball Green marker and added a darker color to the leaves. 
 
I like the light and dark and I think next time I would like to try Water Color paper to see if I could blend the colors a little more.  I added some Marina Mist Polka Dot ribbon and punched a retired greeting with a large oval punch and the Scallop Oval Punch.   Consider this done and my muse, weird voices or ghosts appeased!
 
Seeking help hugs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment