Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy B-Day to my DD!

Hi there Stampers!

I have had such a hectic few days.  I was in Stephenville Tuesday night for a class (which went well).  For those of you who don't know, Stephenville is approximately 45 min. away from where I live.  But I usually stay over night at my sister's.  Her hubby is such a nice person for putting up with me so frequently lol.

The class was a lot of laughs, this may have been because of the wine we consumed but either way, fun, fun, fun!   See you next month ladies. (bring wine)  I slept that night the best I have in ages :O) I only drank for medicinal reasons!

I was hoping  to post yesterday but by the time I got home and got the trailer filled up in preparation for the park and got some groceries and cleaned up the kitchen (DH cooked the night before - horrors!) it was too late to do anything but go to bed. 

Today we moved the trailer and we got back late this afternoon.  I do have something to show you though.  I finished my DD's Birthday card.  This will arrive late but better late than never. 

I got some supplies the other day.  They are the new in-colors and a new hostess stamp set.  So have a look -

 
I used Pistachio Pudding for my card base and added another layer of the same color but ran it through the Big Shot.  I borrowed the Lacy Doily from Colleen and cut it out with Whisper White card stock.
 
I stamped the image of the bird from the new hostess set from the new Catalog - which will be released June 1st.  The set is called, Simply Sketched.  I used Black Stazon for my ink.  I colored the bird with an Aqua Painter and Burnt Brown Sugar and Strawberry Slush ink.  Two new in-colors.  So pretty!  I colored in the grass with the same color as the card base.
 
I color spritzed the whole thing with Early Espresso ink and stamped the sentiment with the same color.  I punched a hole in the top and used some of the Melon Mambo two tone ribbon from the Spring mini.  It looks great with the Strawberry Slush!
 
So I got it in the mail on Wednesday but hey, it's in the mail. 
 
Well I have to run because I am expecting company tonight and have to clean up the craft room.  I will talk with you soon.
 
Pretty Birdie hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment